It’s been a rollercoaster ride for most of us in the last 12 months.
Personally – I’ve been lucky. I have had the pleasure to work with 3 great teams in that time and have been lucky enough to move my career in a direction that I’m happy with.
But like most, it’s not been without challenges – the biggest change like most was changing to working remotely full time.
So here and in no particular order are my key takeaways from the last 12 months
- Working through a pandemic has made us all much more Human.
- AI isn’t a myth and is being used in many innovative ways in the recruitment process already – many more to come!
- Never underestimate the power of a good network and a great team.
- Mental Health challenges are not something that I’m immune from.
- Working from home isn’t as bad as I thought – However consumption of Hobnobs and crisps will increase at least 3 fold.
- My dog loves to get involved in calls – typically barking, crying, snoring, and farting.
- Despite the above, my dog still gets more appreciation on social media (see above)
- I will never complain about traveling or going to in-person meetings again.
- I still have that problem with zoom where my camera and or headphones don’t work despite using it most weeks – Hangouts is so much better in my opinion.
- I have developed superhuman hearing whilst working from home – the slightest noise can become so annoying.
- Building a garden bar was a great idea but very quickly spiraled into a full-on project – I love it now but realize that building is a lot harder than it looks.
- My dog has become my best friend and loves to sit in my seat at every opportunity.
- Working in a tech start-up is fun, challenging, and rewarding in equal measure.
Craig is the Sales Director at AiRecruiter – an innovative recruitment technology business helping recruiters harness the power of conversational AI to improve data health, candidate relationships, find leads and improve candidate and client conversions.
If you would like to learn more you can get in touch with Craig here – https://www.airecruiter.com/request-a-demo/